How does Ho'oponopono Work?

How does Ho'oponopono Work?
Published: July 6, 2009

Once I went to my teacher Ihaleakala and told him that I was practicing Ho'oponopono, that I was cleaning and cleaning, but the cleaning didn't work.

He didn't say anything for a few moments, then looking into my eyes, he said: “No expectations”

Since that day, I can tell you, I don't have any doubts: Ho'oponopono works!

This is what I now call “the game of life.” And we all forgot the rules:

1. Every time you say “Thank you," something happens, even if you cannot feel it or see it

2. No expectations. You don't know what is right and perfect for you, so you don't know where it's going to come from.

3. We need to go back to being children again. Not taking things so seriously. Being open and flexible.

Remember, this is a big stage, and we're all “Great Actors” writing our own stories. Everything is just your thoughts. How you react to the opportunities that the Universe brings to you is all that matters.

You are free to choose. You can choose to let go, not engage and set yourself free. When you say "Thank you" to the opportunity, you are letting it go instead of attracting more of exactly what you do not want.

Comments

10 Responses to “How does Ho'oponopono Work?”
  1. Irene says:

Dear Mabel,
    thanks for your words. I'm also cleaning and cleaning and it seems that the whole desaster is coming out in one day! I'm cleaning an cleaning and its getting even worse. So I have to remember my mind that I have ordered all these situations by the universe. I wanted to see them all for clean them all. But sometimes it is really very exhausting for me to clean the whole day - particularly during a working day.
    I hope that you can give us more of your helfpful words 😉
    thank you, thank you, thank you!
    god bless you!
    Irene from Germany

Irene,

You need to TRUST God. He knows better. Maybe what is getting worse is actually getting better. You need to see the dark in order to see the light. This is the perfect time to TRUST and keep going instead of stopping. You need to remind yourself that the part of you saying it is getting worse is the part that doesn't know anything!

Miracles can come your way very soon if you detach with no expectations. Remember you are doing this to be at Peace no matter what! Keep it up and you will see the magic!

Love,

• Irene says:

I know all what you are writing very good. But the very hard moments, problems and situations that I have to pass actually let me sometimes forget the TRUST.
        I'm so happy that I've found the way to Ho'oponopono and the way to you.
        It ist wonderful! Thank you very much!

Love,
        Irene

2. Meg says:

Hi Mabel!

Meg here....I am practicing and cleaning and cleaning, listening to recordings of You and Dr. Hew Len every day for support....and.... I AM UNFOLDING BEAUTIFULLY & PERFECTLY!!!!! (o; Thanks!

Just wanted to say Hi, and wondering if You have yet had a chance to read Deepak Chopra's "The Path to Love" ? Also, I am cleaning on somehow hooking Dr. Hew Len up with Cesar Millan..."The Dog Whisperer". It is really amazing how similar their approaches to life and 'problems' are! They both live in southern California too!

Thank You Thank You Thank You...I love You! I will be in touch

Meg

3. Carol says:

Hello Mabel

I listen to your audios and have also attended Dr Len in Australia but I still have confusion if I am doing it correctly. I understand to take 100% responsibility, if I repeat I love you all day everyday no matter what is happening around me, is this cleaning? Or do I see what is happening and say I am sorry for what is in me creating this with the 4 phases. There is a lot said about just clean in all audios so is cleaning just repeating I love you and thankyou or 4 phases? I have a lot going on around me and somehow deep within I know this is the way and want to do it right.

There is always talk of just keep cleaning but my intellect wants to know the right way because I carry fears that I am not doing it correctly, I know I can clean on that fear but want to know that I am doing it correctly then I will clean clean clean.

I love you and please come to Australia for a workshop.

4. Stella Lourdes says:

Hola Mabel:
    Estoy con una leucemia cronica , estoy usando , llave de la luz todo el dia,
    las 24 horas, lo primero que digo al levantarme y lo ultimo que hago al acostarme.
    Tomo el agua solar como 2 litros al dia . Que mas puedo hacer , hay otra herramienta
    mas.?
    Ah ...tambien escucho tus cds, todos los dias en el auto , en la casa ,
    Hago lo que dice el Dr Len ....Amo esta leucemia ...
    Podrias decirme algo mas..?
    Abrazos
    PD: No estoy haciendo ningun tratamiento convencional medico , no me convencen .

5. Beatriz says:

Hola Mabel

Quisiera una orientación, como puedo usar Oh oponopono para limpiar la situación que vivimos en nuestro pais, (Venezuela) con un gobierno que no queremos, que nos ha dividido y nos tiene agresivos,
    asustados y con una sensación de impotencia porque vemos que no hay salida.

Gracias,
    Beatriz

English translation:

Hi Mabel,

I would like guidance on how I can use Ho'oponopono to clean with the situation that we live in our country (Venezuela) with a government we do not want, that has divided us and keeps us agressive, frightened and with a sense of impotence because we see no way out.

Beatriz

La Paz comienza con nosotros. El gobierno es solo nuestras memorias. Yo se que parece muy real y nos sentimos impotentes, pero la realidad es que si estamos dispuestos a tomar 100% de responsabilidad y decir lo siento por lo que hay en mi que esto sucede, podemos producir cambios asombrosos.
      Ahora bien, lo hacemos para estar en Paz sin importar lo que este pasando. Esto significa que el gobierno puede cambiar o no, pero tu puedes estar en Paz. Ho'oponopono puede hacer profundos cambios, porque cuando lo hacemos, lo que se borra de nosotros, se borra de todos los demas, inclusive del Presidente!

English translation:

Peace starts with us. The government is just our memories. I know it looks very real and we feel impotent, but reality is that if we are willing to take 100% responsibility and say I am sorry for whatever is in me that this is happening, we can produce amazing changes. Now, we do it to be at Peace no matter what is going on. This means the government might change or not, but you can be at Peace. Ho'oponopono can make profound changes, because when we do it, whatever gets erased from us, it gets erased from everybody else, even the President!

6. Gonzalo says:

Hola Mabel, saludos desde Argentina. He leído muchísimo sobre estas herramientas y si, lo simple que son aplicarlas te hace pensar que no puede ser que funcionen. Pero lo importante es que confío plenamente y actualmente las estoy empleando sin expectativas.
    Leí a Joe vitale que él utiliza siempre y únicamente el "te amo", y vos usas mas el "gracias". Según ambos, cualquiera de las dos funciona exactamente igual. Es así no?
    Otra consulta que tengo es, decir mentalmente "gracias" todo el tiempo se me hace difícil, ya que en algún momento me detengo...sin querer obviamente. Hay algún consejo/técnica para que se pueda llegar al momento en que casi inconscientemente se repita estas frases en todo momento?

Hola Gonzalo. Sigue tu propia inspiracion y lo que funcione para ti. Cada vez que te acuerdes, repite. Todos hacemos lo mejor que podemos. Por supuesto te aconsejo que tomes un seminario para poder aprender y ayudarte a hacer esto las 24 horas.
      Gracias y bendiciones.