Ho'oponopono - Letting Go of Fear

Ho'oponopono - Letting Go of Fear
Published: January 24, 2010

Our reality includes all our programs, memories, beliefs, attachments, emotions, and expectations. These have been gathered through many years. We have been blind and deaf for eons of time. We are completely drugged, looking for love, approval and appreciation in the wrong places and from the wrong people. We search for success, power and material things, thinking that they will "make" us happy. We tend to try to change people because we think if they change, we'll be happy. We constantly give our power away by thinking that our happiness depends on other people and external circumstances.

Stop the world, I want to get off! Don't you sometimes feel like screaming that? Well, we are now in the middle of the song, so we need to dance until it comes to an end. We can change the dance and how it ends if we just let go. It is imperative to wake up and see things as they really are. We must stop letting our false reality control us. I know it is terrifying to let go of everything we thought was real. Our fear is inevitable, when we let go of the known and embrace the unknown.

The beautiful thing about the process we learn through Ho'oponopono, is that everything you are looking for, what your soul is longing for, resides in this unknown. Sure, you will feel fear when it comes to letting go of reality as you know it, but you must do it anyway. Know this, if you are willing to ask for help, the help will be right there for you. All you need to do is ask, because you have free choice. The Universe cannot intervene if you do not request it. When you practice Ho'oponopono, essentially what you are doing is asking for help. You take 100% responsibility for your reality and give God permission to take you by the hand, guide you and protect you. You are not alone. Ask and you shall receive.

Be willing to observe the fear, knowing that you are not that fear. You are above it. By doing this, the fear will immediately melt and disappear. As soon as fear goes, in will come inspiration and guide you back to paradise, even if just for one split second! And when the next memory of doubt or fear appears, just keep letting go, moment by moment. When fear shows up, do me a favor: Breathe. The first thing we do when fear comes up is to stop breathing, so just this small step will go a long way in helping you to let go of your fears.

Think about it, you have the possibility of seeing the universe as God sees it, without fear. It is like seeing for the first time, like a newborn. It is another chance to start over. The happiness you are seeking is behind every "thank you" and "I love you." Keep saying this to your fear, doubt, opinions and judgments before you let them go. Be grateful for fear, as it shows up to give you another chance to let go. It is a good alarm clock, telling you it is time to wake up, to do something differently, or maybe it is time to move, to take action. Fear is something we create in our minds, and our belief in it gives it power. As soon as we become aware of this truth, fear simply melts away.

Comments

13 Responses to “Ho'oponopono - Letting Go of Fear”
  1. Pam Pappas says:

Hi Mabel,

Thanks for this -- I'm reminded of the quote, "Don't believe what you think." I don't know who said it first, but it's a humorous way to remind us of what you're writing about here!

Many blessings,
    Pam

2. Samara says:

Mabel,

Thank you for this inspirational message. It brought tears to my eyes. I recently had a miracle witness in my life by practicing Ho'oponopono. My husband and I have been in the verge of separation and I decided to take 100% responsibilities for our problems and I extended him a hand toward working on a reconciliation.
    Once again, thank you. I am very grateful for all the work you do.

Samara Kuhn

PS: I once heard you say "Let go and Let God." I tell myself that all the time.

3. Louise Grogan says:

Good Morning Mabel,

Exactly what I needed to hear this morning. I especially like this passage:

"Fear is something we create in our minds, and our belief gives it power."

Amen. See you tomorrow night for the Q&A session.

Peace and blessings to your soul, Mabel
    Louise Grogan, Charlotte, NC

4. Mara says:

Dear Mabel,

I can't be thankful enough for all your support, inspiration and commitment to reminding us there's an Easier Way to deal with life's challenges!

Peace and Love,
    Mara

5. Barbora says:

Thank you for this blog.
    I read the book Zero Limits. Then I purchased DVD's with a weekend seminar about Ho'oponopono. Then I started reading this blog. I've been practicing Ho'oponopono for about a month now. And as before, when reading Zero Limits, I wandered how I will recognize the moment when the Divine speaks and gives me Inspiration, now I know. And it is unbelievable how many things got together like a puzzle in this last month. Thank you. And I specially love the saying "I wish you peace beyond understanding". I know now what that means as well.

So I wish you peace beyond understanding,
    Barbora

6. Denise Stocki says:

That was beautifully written. Thank you so much for the wisdom of Divinity through you. Bravo!!!!!! Peace Love Joy Denise

7. Frank Lajoie says:

After reading your blog it made sense. Being 61 years old I can now wake up to what I've been looking for. Thank You.

8. Ina says:

Thank you so much, Mabel. You helped me to regain my peace today. Love you.

9. Barbara Carter says:

Thank you Mabel and blessings, so absolutely spot on!!!

10. cristina ivan says:

Dear Mabel,thank you for beeing here for me.I have a question :how do you we tell the difference betwen fear and a bad premonition?thank you again

The difference is not what is important Cristina. They are both memories and you have to tell both of them thank you and let go. While you are trying to figure it out and/or understand, you are wasting precious time. Let go and keep going. Better to be happy and at peace that to know and understand.
      Love,

11. Susan M. Baer Turner says:

More help please ... Don't know how to let go, afraid, so want to feel joy and peace, do not think I ever have, please help me get started. I think that giving of myself, "the helper of everyone, one the goes way beyond any expectation" will give me joy, but all I feel is resentment, I am not giving for the true reason of giving. I give because of my own insecurity. Again, please help, suggestion of a book. Thank you, and so glad your are assisting people find peace, joy and acceptance of them self. Love, Susan