What about affirmations and visualizations?

What about affirmations and visualizations?
Published: September 2, 2010

Just as the Law of Attraction and Ho’oponopono teach us, we are 100% responsible for our reality. How are we responsible? We are responsible for the thoughts that determine our destiny.

Our thoughts are very much controlled by our memories. Did you know that 90% of our memories come from our ancestors, and that we have been accumulating them for over eons of lifetimes?  So, what we think we base our decisions on can sometimes have nothing to do with the thoughts of the moment.

And, did you know that you are aware of only 15 bits of information per second, while you actually have 11,000,000 bits of information per second you don’t even know about and are  playing all the time? These bits are past memories you have been storing, and those are the ones that control your decisions, opinions, judgments, expectations, and fears, all of which hold you back from reaching your true potential and inner peace.

When we do affirmations and visualizations, we are manipulating the 15 bits of information we are aware of! Those 15 bits think they know what is right and perfect! In Ho’oponopono we learn to let go and let God. Ho’oponopono cleaning opens us up to the goodness of God’s universe and works with the 11,000,000 bits we are not aware of. When we let go and turn it over to Him, He can transmute for us and we don’t even need to know or understand how it works!

This is what Joe Vitale discovered when he found Ho’oponopono, and this is why he said “Ho’oponopono is beyond The Secret.” Affirmations are only us telling God what to do for us, as if we know better than God what is right and perfect for us. With Ho’oponopono and the cleaning, you are giving permission to God who knows better to bring you whatever is right and perfect.

So, let me ask you this, do we want to affirm to God that we know better than He does, or do we want to let go and give Him permission to bring us what is right and perfect?

Even an illness is a blessing in disguise. Many times a pain could be a way of letting go of memories, since our body is ALL memories! I love the pain or the sickness. I say I love you to it as a way of letting go and allowing God to do the healing. I am not going to do it for the pain to go or the illness to disappear. I am going to do it so I can be at peace even if I am sick.

You see, God might do something different each time you let go and say “Thank you” and “I love you” because God knows what is right and perfect for you at that moment. You just need to say it. That’s it. You need to give permission instead of thinking YOU are going to solve it!

Same applies with visualizations. God is the one creating when you use any of the Ho’oponopono tools. If you can see God’s work, if you can see God’s transmutation, good for you. But you are not the one doing it. Your job is just to say it, and then let God be the one to create. God is the one who will bring whatever is right and perfect, and He doesn’t need you giving Him directions of what colors to use, or how to do it, or what the results should be.

Again, affirmations and visualizations are our arrogant way of thinking with our 15 bits of information, then believing we know better than God, so He needs us to direct Him.

Rev. Michael Beckwith says affirmations are like kindergarten stuff. We wake-up, we play with them, and we realize we are that powerful. Now we graduate and we can be ourselves. That is our job, to be. When you are, you are in the flow, you are allowing the Universe to guide and protect you, and put you at the right place at the right time. Sounds familiar?

As I always tell you, you have to do what works for you. I do not have any doubt that affirmations and visualizations can work. We are that powerful. We create with our thoughts. But, isn’t it better and easier to think “thank you” or “I love you,” let go and give permission to God, who created us and knows us better than anybody else?

Well, I have practiced letting go and giving permission for many years now, and all I can tell you is that today, I have much more than I could have ever asked for. In all my dreams I could have never imagined the life I live now.

Do you want to set yourself free? Then give permission to God who knows better!

Comments

11 Responses to “What about affirmations and visualizations?”
  1. Jemma says:

Thanks a lot for this blog. I've just finished reading the book by Joe Vitale Zero Limits. The book just changed everything inside me. Yes, that's right, the teacher comes when the student is ready. I was ready for the knowledge. But of course I have some questions. And your blog has just answered one of them.
    While reading the book I got inspiration to start my own blog.

Thanks again.

2. Denise says:

Love it! Love it! It's all about God, Thank you for this wonderful inspirational message.
    I'm Sorry
    Please forgive me
    I Love you
    Denise

3. andy says:

I have been praticing Ho'oponopono with out even knowing it so when I met Dr Hew Len and Mabel Katz through the internet and their explanation of the process what a glorious day.What could be better than peace,love,happiness and problem solving. What a thrill for Dr. Hew Len to be able to interact with all the things we take for granted like cars and plants.Talk about seeing God. WOW.I love you.

4. Billions says:

Thank you very much Mabel for the enlightening message.
    I agreed with you wholeheartedly because sometimes by doing the affirmation exercise, we think there is what we want and what we will get but there is not actually our true calling. When what we deisre did not materialize, then we got disappointed and blame the affirmation exercise not effective...

5. Cyndi says:

Thank you for this eloquent article. I had tried several times to explain this aspect of Ho'oponopono to friends, not too successfully!

From another teacher, we had learned to 'create our day' and do a list of affirmation-type statements. When I started practicing Ho'oponopono, I quickly realized that I chose to clean about all 'the list' items I had 'thought' I wanted/needed--just a bunch of memory-driven data! I needed to love them all and let them go and let God provide the right thing at the right time. The 'create the day' process became more of a cleaning on issues in front of me that day.

Ho'oponopono is so wonderfully simple!

6. Blanca Vargas says:

Thank you for this bloq.
    I did not know that 90% of our memories comes from our ancestors, and if my unihipili(memories) is replaying memories all the time behind my concious mind, driving me , then there is only THING FOR ME TO DO: PETITONS TO THE CREATOR, LET GO AND LET GOD!!
    CLEAN CLEAN ERASE.
    THAN YOU Mabel!!!

7. clara says:

Es muy interesante el Ho'oponopono, yo escuche por CD y empece a practicar pero en realidad me falta aprender mas sobre este arte. Muchas gracias por la información... Bendiciones

8. clara says:

Super interesante. Mil gracias

9. Bjarka says:

I greet you, for me so far that it is difficult to accept. Maybe I have some clarifying questions. The last few years I have been taught to set clear goals and visualize the picture of a desirable future. That's what I did. The only thing I always added to my affirmations: I am waiting for this or something better))) I tried not to become attached to the result and easily change the way depending on the circumstances. Perhaps writing goals - this is the first class in the theological school ... And it's time to move into high school. Thank you and love you!

10. Lisa says:

Mabel, yes, God does know what are concerns and desires are. And I heard that if we do have a specific desire, such as a certain amt of money we need, he already knows what that is,but he wants us to ask him...to give him permission (due to our free will) to help us,and he will manifest this desire to us, and we have to believe and trust that we will receive by Divine will for our highest good. What is your opinion of this?