The Secret of Ho'oponoponoThe Secret of Ho'oponopono
Published: January 20, 2009
The mind can manifest anything that man can imagine. This sounds great, but we are not conscious of the millions of thoughts playing in the background of our mind, in our unconscious mind. Unfortunately, we cannot control these because we are not aware of them.
In reality, while we are imagining, visualizing, and “controlling” 2% of our thoughts, the other 98% is playing in the background possibly undermining the positive focus we are trying to create consciously. This might lead us to lose hope when we do not understand why things don't work out the way we expect.
We are the result of our thoughts. Of course! But again, which thoughts? The 2% we are aware of or the 98% we are not? We may think we are in control, but unless we are letting go and giving permission to the part of us that knows what is perfect and right for us to bring it to us, we are totally controlled by the unconscious thoughts Ho'oponopono, calls memories or old programs.
Even when we think the process of mentally manifesting situations is working because we easily obtain something we imagined or visualized, in reality this is merely a manipulation of reality and, if it is not correct for us, it will disappear as quickly as it came. It is true that we are powerful beyond measure. We are creators, and we create with our thoughts.
This is very important to know. However, it is also important to know that we do not fully know who we are. We really don't know everything we are thinking, and what is worse, we don't know that we don't know. Everything that comes to our lives (good and bad) we have created, we have attracted.
I concur in that taking 100% of responsibility is a MUST. There is nothing outside ourselves. It's just us and our thoughts. If we want something to change, we need to change.
All human beings are influenced by the same forces and laws. We use the same energy and we use the same oxygen to breathe. I fully agree with this statement. It doesn't matter if you have money or not, if you are a professional or not, or how many university degrees you possess.
However, I believe that the basic law that affects us all is that we must take 100% of the responsibility and know everything depends on the choices we make. We are always choosing, and we must choose if we prefer to let go and let the universe (God) bring us what is perfect for us, or continue believing that we know it all and can solve everything by ourselves.
Hold on to your desires. Do whatever is necessary to feel your desires are already here. This statement is partially the result of thinking we know it all. Because we think we know, we tend to give orders. We tell GOD what, how and when we want it. We treat Him as a concierge.
How do we know what is right and perfect for us? The truth is we just need to give God permission, and then allow Him to do the work. I promise that you will be amazed by the results.
Do whatever is necessary to feel your desire is already here. While you are making all this effort to feel, and make it right (forcing, manipulating) at the conscious level, your unconscious is somewhere else. We need to treat our unconscious with love, and ask it to let go. This is the true meaning behind the maxim “Love your enemies.”
Being happy is the short cut to getting where you want to go faster. I used to tell my kids, “Your job is to be happy.” Have you ever noticed that, when you are happy, good things “happen to you” and “come to you” miraculously?
This is possible because, when we are happy we usually are not thinking or worrying! In this state, we are open and flexible. We stop being an obstacle in our own way, and we allow for whatever is right and perfect for us to come.
When you are feeling good, you attract good things. When you are feeling bad, you attract bad things. I have found that sometimes I may be feeling fine, and still don't know why I am not attracting the good things in my life.
I believe this might be caused either by the million unconscious thoughts running in my head or the fact that I am asking for something that I consider “good” but that is truly not correct for me.
- Ho'oponopono is the cheek of love. “Show the other cheek.”
- Ho'oponopono is to ask. “Knock, and the door will open.”
- Ho'oponopono is being kids again. “We need to be children to enter the Lord's kingdom.”
- Ho'oponopono is to let go and let God. “What you resist persists.”
- Ho'oponopono is giving permission. “Ask, and you shall receive.”
- Ho'oponopono is about loving your enemies. “Thank you to all my memories and old programs.”
You are the only one who can change your life. You are always right, if you say you can, you can, and if you say you can't, you can't.
The universe is always listening. Ask, and you shall receive. God is just waiting for you to take the first step.